Hello and welcome to my blog; first off let me say Happy Valentine’s Day. I wanted to share with you a super cute card that I made a few months ago using the To A Wild Rose Bundle and the Stitched Lace Die. I love the sentiments and the layering images of the To a Wild Rose Stamp Set so when I designed this card I knew I wanted to use this stamp set and I wanted to do a split card base, but the question was what to do the split with. I decided to use the Stitched Lace Die because I could do a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of cardstock and cut it down and get three pieces from it. Here’s a look at my card.
I used my Stamparatus to stamp all my roses and leaves. I find it easier to use my Stamparatus to get perfectly layered images each time with this layering stamp set. I stamp each layer with the lightest color first and then the darker color. For the rose I used Flirty Flamingo and Melon Mambo inks. For the leaves I used Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive Inks. I used Tuxedo Black to stamp the outline; which by the way I usually stamp first because I find it easier to line the layering stamps up.
For the center of the rose I stamped it in So Saffron ink. Once I had everything stamped it was time to cut everything out with the matching dies. I then used the Stitched Lace Die and ran it through my die cutting machine with a piece of whisper white cardstock. Once I had everything done I cut them into strips (1 1/2 x 4 1/4″). I then cut off a 1/2″ strip from the bottom of the card base, and then cut off another inch. I needed the 1/2″ strip to replace at the bottom of the die cut strip.
After cutting everything apart it was time to put it back together. I added the strips of the lace with a little liquid glue and then did the same with the strips of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock over where I added the lace piece. I also repeated this process on the back inside of the card this added stability to the reassembled card base place hides the ugly surgery we did to this card. I added a very thin strip of Melon Mambo cardstock to add a little interest to the card. I then added the die cut rose and leaf to the top section letting it overlap the lace just a little. I then stamped my sentiment in Tuxedo Black ink to finish my card.
Thanks for dropping by I hope you give this technique a try. You will love doing a little surgery on your cards to create a very dramatic look with out to much work. If you need any of the supplies I used to you can pick them up in my online store by clicking on the item in the Stampin’ Up! Shopping list below.