Hello and welcome to my blog; today I am going to share with you my card for this week’s Paper Craft Crew Challenge. This weeks challenge is a two week challenge; so you have two weeks to play along with us. For my card today I used one of my favorite stamp sets from the 2019 Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog. When it comes to cuteness there isn’t another set in the publication that can match the fun story book charters in Fable Friends. Here’s a look at my card.
Here’s the sketch that inspired my card. You can click on the sketch image to see what all the other design team members came up with.
Tips & Tricks:
- The Fable Friends stamp set is filled with cuteness for Easter and Spring. This is a great stamp set for both adults and kids, because who can resist the cute animals in this set. Plus the Peter Rabbit inspired bunny in this set was perfect for this card. These animals just beg to be colored in your favorite media.
- I stamped the bunny in a ink that could be used for watercoloring because I knew I was going to use my watercolor pencils. I prefer to use my retired archival basic black ink pad for watercoloring technique. And this also means when it comes to watercolor pencils. You can totally use Stazon but you just have to let it dry completely. This is the same process for the retired ink. Once stamped I sat the image aside to dry.
- Next I cut down my card base (4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2) which by the way was created with Whisper White Thick Cardstock. After that I picked a piece of designer series paper from the Springtime Impressions Paper Stack. I pulled my colors from that one sheet of paper. The designer series paper was cut to 4 x 5 1/4. I added a mat in Shaded Spruce that was cut to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8.
- Once the bunny was dry I started coloring with my watercolor pencils until I was happy with the layers of color. Now it was time to use my blender pen to soften the watercolor pigment left by the pencils.
- At this point I let it dry completely than used my new Rectangles Stitched Dies. I also used the third largest die and cut out a mat for it using So Saffron Cardstock. I added a little shaded spruce ribbon and a few of the gingham gala sequins.
I did pop up the bunny himself onto the mat with a few stampin’ dimensionals to finish off the card. Thanks for dropping by. I hope that you take some time in the next two weeks to come up with a design to pay along with this challenge. Also if you need any of the supplies that you have seen today you can pick them up in my online store by clicking the link above or by clicking on the item in the Shopping list below.
I have teamed up with a group of fabulous demonstrators to bring you the Creative Stampers’ Tutorial Bundle each month. You can purchase the tutorial bundle for $20 or get it free with any order in my online store using my host code each month.
Are you wanting to learn how to use water media in your card making? Have you ever wanted to learn how to create beautiful Watercolor cards? Well I have the solution for you. In my Watercolor Boot camp for Card Makers you will learn the skills and techniques you need to maximize your creative outlet. The Six week course starts May 3, 2019! Learn More and Sign Up Here!