Hello and welcome to my blog. Today, I am going to share with you my card for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Sketch challenge. This week I used some of the supplies from this month’s Paper Pumpkin kit (Be Mine Valentine). I used a few of the die cuts that came in this month’s kit as well as the stamp set to create this fun shaker card.
Here’s a look at this weeks sketch that inspired my card. You can visit the Paper Craft Crew website by clicking the image below to join in this week.
Tips & Tricks:
- To create my shaker card I did use some sequins that I had picked up at a box shop because I didn’t have any that would work that wasn’t adhesive backed. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
- I used a piece of the Animal Expedition designer series paper as my background for my card. As well as another pattern for the back of the shaker card. For this piece I used the piece that had all the little birds on them that matches the images in this month’s Paper Pumpkin Kit.
- My colors for my card were pulled from this month’s kit. I shared the projects from this month’s kit on Monday. You can check out that project by clicking here.
- I used the kangaroo die cut that came in the kit and stamped three of the sentiments in matching colors (Melon Mambo, Pool Party, & Lemon Lime Twist) on a scrap piece of whisper white cardstock and cut them into three different little banners. I added these on the kangaroo. The Kangaroo was then added to the front of the shaker element with a little multipurpose liquid glue and a stampin’ dimensional to balance it out.
- I created my frame for the shaker by using Melon Mambo and Pool Party Cardstock. I ran those pieces of the cardstocks through the Big Shot with the Rectangle Stitched Framelits.
- To finish off the card I added a couple of the little enamel hearts that came in this month’s kit. The banner that you see that goes most the way across the card is actually two piece of scrap cardstock. One is a very small piece that I made the banner on and the other was done the exact same way. I attached them with a little multipurpose liquid glue so that I had a little time to make sure they were both lined up perfectly.
Thanks for dropping by today, I hope that you have a wonderful day. You can find the full list of supplies for this card in my shopping list below.
All the other supplies that I used you will be able to find in the Shopping List below. During Saleabration you are rewarded based on your purchases. If you are new and never heard of Saleabration. Well, Saleabration is the biggest time of the year for Stampin’ Up! because you get rewarded for shopping. There are two different levels of rewards. There are Level 1 rewards ($50 before taxes & shipping) and Level 2 ($100 before taxes & shipping) and for each level you can pick one item based on the amount you spent. The fun kicked off January 3rd, and will run through March 31, so be ready for the fun. You can view the Saleabration items by clicking here.
You will find the Shopping List Below Click on any of the items to go to my Online Store: