Hello and welcome to my blog. Today, I am going to share with you a fun card that showcases both a beautiful stamp set (that can be earned for free) and a very fun technique that will wow anyone. I was inspired for by card by my friend Kylie Bertucci. Kylie is a wonderful and talented Demonstrator in Australia. I have been following her on line for the last couple years, and got to meet her in person while we attended OnStage back in November at Orlando. Super sweet person her and her husband. I am super excited to share my card that was inspired by one of hers. Here’s my card.
Here’s Kylie’s card that was my inspiration. I have linked to her blog post here.
I used the Black Magic Technique for my version of her card. She colored her flower with a mix of silver embossing paste mixed with a little Melon Mambo ink refill mixed together.
A Little Black Magic:
- Like I said I used the black magic technique that sounds a lot harder than it really is.
- I started out with a piece of Basic Black Cardstock cut at 4 x 5 1/4.
- I then used the Lovely Lattice Saleabration Stamp Set and stamped the main image on the card front using versamark ink. I then added some white embossing powder and heat embossed the image.
- I took the sentiment from Part of My Story and used versamark and white embossing powder and heat set it.
- After the embossing was completed. I used my color pencils and started coloring in the flowers. I started out using a white pencil very lightly. When I say lightly I mean very very lightly. I barely had any pressure on the pencil what so ever.
- Once I had the white colored I started layering in the colors. I started out with a light touch.
*Tip: If you hold the pencil as far back as you can at the very end you will color with the extreme light pressure. As you want more pressure you come down the shaft of the pencil more and more. When you hold a pencil the normal way you are putting a hard amount of pressure on the lead which adds more colors.Personal experience
I colored the image using my prismacolor pencils. For the yellow flower I used lemon yellow, cream, a medium yellow, and the darkest was a orange. for the Violet flower I used to shades of a light pink and blended in a violet pink color. To add in highlights I came back with white to color over just a little. The green leaves I used lime green, kelly green, and a dark green. I added just a touch of the lemon yellow when I needed a little highlight.
Honestly what I outlined above it how totally easy the Black Magic Technique is. Once I had everything colored and ready to go it was time to layer everything up. I matted the focal image onto a piece of whisper white cardstock; that measured 4 1/8 x 5 3/8. My card base is a piece of Basic Black Cardstock cut at 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2. For the inside of the card I used a piece of whisper white (4 x 5 1/4) and stamped the small flower from the set in Tuxedo Black Ink.
Thanks for dropping bye today, I hope that you have enjoyed my card that was inspired by Australia’s #1 Demonstrator. I had a wonderful time creating it. If you want to get your hands on the Lovely Lattice Stamp Set you can earn it Free with a $50.00 in my online store. The same thing with Part of my Story Stamp Set. Below you will find a full list of supplies that I used and the suggested supplies that you can substitute.
All the other supplies that I used you will be able to find in the Shopping List below. During Saleabration you are reward based on your purchases. If you are new and never heard of Saleabration. Well, Saleabration is the biggest time of the year for Stampin’ Up! because you get rewarded for shopping. There are two different levels of rewards. There are Level 1 rewards ($50 before taxes & shipping) and Level 2 ($100 before taxes & shipping) and for each level you can pick one item based on the amount you spent. The fun kicked off January 3rd, and will run through March 31, so be ready for the fun.
Stampin’ Up! Shopping List: