Hello and welcome I hope that you had a safe and happy New Year. I am excited to share this weeks Paper Craft Crew Challenge. This week we have a very fun sketch for you to play along with. I picked a couple Saleabration items to play with along with a stamp set from the Occasions Catalog (which goes live tomorrow). I picked the beautiful Tea Together Stamp set along with the matching framelits. Which by the way is a level 2 Saleabration Item; meaning that when you spend $100 before taxes and shipping you get to pick from the framelits that match the Tea Together Stamp Set, or the Lasting Lilly Stamp Set. Here’s a look at my card.
The rest of the posts from the Design team will go live in about 30 minutes or so. Here’s the sketch that inspired my card today. You will be able to click on the sketch and see what everyone else came up with.
Tips & Tricks:
- I started out my stamping my images in Tuxedo Black ink because I was planning on using my Stampin’ Blends to do a little coloring.
- I started out by coloring the Tea Cup using Soft Sea Foam. I colored the rose using Flirty Flamingo, and the leaves with the new Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends.
- After coloring I took the Tea Time Framelits and cut out both the rose and tea cup.
- I picked the little polka dot paper from the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper (also a Saleabration item). I attached it to a Basic Black mat, and attached it to my Thick Whisper White Card base (5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4) using multipurpose liquid glue.
- I colored my rhinestones with the Mossy Meadow Dark Stampin’ Blend and one with the Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blend.
- I stamped my sentiment on 1/2″ strips of whisper white cardstock and placed them on mini dimensionals. I actually inked up what I needed with the first part of the sentiment and stamped it and then repeated that process with the last part of the sentiment.
- To create a light shadow under the tea cup I added a little shadow with my Soft Sea Foam Light blend and the color lifter.
- I finished off the card by popping up the rose and called it a day.
Thanks for dropping bye today, I hope that you have enjoyed my card and that you have marked these items on your shopping list for January 3rd, when the Saleabration and Occasions Catalog goes live. You will be able to pick up the items in my online store then the items that are not in the Saleabration brochure and Occasions catalog can be picked up now.
Stampin’ Up! Shopping List: