Hello and welcome to my blog. Today, I am going to share with you a stepped up version of the Hello Cupcake card that I shared with you on Wednesday. If you missed that card you can see it here. I based this card from that card, well actually it’s a card designed for the Avid crafter. It’s the stepped up version of the card from Wednesday. It uses most of the same materials with the exception of a few ink colors, and embellishments. Here’s a look at the stepped up version of the card.
Here’s the card that inspired the stepped up Avid version.
Tips & Tricks:
- To start off I used the same size card base as I did with the Casual card. I used a piece of Blueberry Bushel cardstock cut at 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2. Next I stamped the background with all the sentiments and the little images from the stamp set.
- Speaking of this stamp set, I know that you are wondering how you can get it. Well, starting January 3rd you will be able to earn it for Free during Saleabration with a $50 order before taxes and shipping.
- Next I added a strip of Vellum Cardstock cut at 4 x 3. I took a piece of whisper white (cut at 4 x 3) and stamped the two cupcakes in the back. For the stepped up version I used Highland Heather, Blueberry Bushel, and Gray Granite.
- Once I had the two stamped and spaced I took my paper snips and cut them out. Not all the way, but just partial cutting. I cut the just around the top and side of the cupcakes. I left a little strip just at the bottom just wide enough to fit the vellum cardstock (3″ wide).
- I stamped each cupcake with the same three colors but in different combinations of the same three colors. After cutting the two out, I placed Stampin’ Dimensionals behind them.
- The last cupcake was stamped on another piece of whisper white cardstock and was fussy cut all the way out. I popped it up on dimensionals. Well actually some of it was actually double popped up. This allowed for a different level and more dimension.
- Once the stamped images was finished I colored five rhinestones with my Dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend marker and attached them around the card.
- When I place embellishments on a card I also place them in a visual triangle. If you took and drew a line from one rhinestone to the next and then a third you would see a triangle appear. This adds to the visual elements of the card.
Thanks for dropping by today, I will be sharing the beginners version of this card at 11 am CST during my Saturday Simple Stamping Facebook Live over on my Facebook Business Page. I also shared three different projects featuring this stamp set during my Weekly Facebook Live Mini Class this past Wednesday. I also offered the make & take packets of those three projects with a $30 purchase (before taxes & shipping) using my host code. This offer is good until midnight Tuesday Night (January 1, 2019).
I hope that you will drop in this morning and watch my Facebook Live as we transform this card to a card featuring Simple Stamping. If not I will have the blog post with the video posted a little later today.