Hello and welcome to my blog. Today, I am going to share with you my card for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge. The sketch this week is a good one that you will find very fun and inspiring I think. All posts will go live in a little while so you will want to make sure and check back in about 30 minutes and check out what the design team came up with.
I picked the First Frost Suite from the Holiday Catalog for my card today. I’ve had the set and products for awhile but haven’t had a chance to play with it a lot. I’ve used the stamp set once to create a couple cards for my church. I was asked to create cards for the church to send out to a fellow church letting them know we are praying for them for a reason they have stated. I am glad that this stamp set and die is carrying over so that I have time to play with it a little more. Here’s a look at my card.
Here’s a look at this weeks sketch that inspired today’s card. You can click on the sketch image and go to the Paper Craft Crew website.
Tips & Tricks:
- This card went together really easy. I started out by cutting the cardstock. I used Blackberry Bliss (4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2). I then used a piece of the Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper (4 x 5 1/4) matted on a piece of Gray Granite Cardstock (4 1/8 x 5 3/8). For my next two pieces of cardstock I used the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies (new in the 2019 Occasions Catalog which goes live January 3, 2019). I used the third and fourth large dies in the set to cut the whisper white cardstock and the other piece of Blackberry Bliss.
- Next I stamped one of the floral images in Mint Macaron ink after stamping off once.
- I then stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink at the bottom of the whisper white piece. Just slightly over the bottom of the floral image. This layer was popped up using Stampin’ Dimensionals on the Blackberry Bliss piece.
- I stamped three large flowers. One in Blackberry Bliss, one in Merry Merlot, and one in Pineapple Punch. Then used the matching framelits to cut out the flowers. I took a piece of Gray Granite cardstock and stamped another of the floral images in matching ink. Then cut it out using the matching framelit. Once I had that done I cut it in half and added it to the back of the blackberry bliss card base. This represented the flagged banner on the sketch.
- After die cutting the flowers I added it the edge of the blackberry bliss stitched layer by adding a little liquid glue to the edge that would be touching the sentiment layer. the other end I added a dimensional under it to not only secure it but to add a little lift and make it the same height as the sentiment layer.
The great thing about these items is they are available in the Year-End Close Out Sale right now. Plus as of now you can still get the First Frost as put a cost saving bundle. On January 1 both of these will be join. So if you want to get your hands on that set now is your time.
For the inside of the card I stamped the same images in the same colors. I stamped the one floral image in Gray Granite and the other in Mint Macaron. The flower I stamped in Blackberry Bliss and die cut it. I added it to the inside of the card with a little multipurpose liquid glue.
I hope that you have enjoyed my card today. I have enjoyed playing not only with these products but this weeks sketch as well. I hope that you will take time and play along with us this week. If you would like any of these products you can pick them up in my online store 24/7 by clicking the image below or the images in the shopping list. Thank you for taking the time to spend a little bit of your day with me.
Stampin’ Up! Shopping List: