Hello and welcome to this week’s Paper Craft Crew Challenge; this week we have a very fun sketch for you to play along with. I had a lot of fun working on this weeks challenge, I actually did two cards with this sketch. Both of which were Christmas Cards using new products from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday (Autumn/Winter) Catalog which is now live on my online store. I wasn’t quite happy with the first design so I sat down this afternoon and redid my card design and I am much more happy with it. I used one of my favorite new bundles for my updated card along with the Dashing Along Host exclusive Designer Series Paper. The challenge will go live in a little while so you will have to check back in a little bit to see what all the other design team members did with this week’s sketch. Here’s a look at my card for this week.
Here’s a look at this week’s inspirational sketch for the challenge.
Tips & Tricks:
- To add the Cherry Cobbler 1/4″ Double-Stitched Ribbon (#144117) I added a little Tear & Tape on the back of the ribbon. I find that this is a much better way to secure the ribbon and gives it a great hold. Sometimes when I have tried to secure ribbon to projects and it wouldn’t hold. I’ve had no problems by using the Tear & Tape ever.
- I stamped each of the Christmas bulbs from the Making Christmas Brights Photopolymer stamp set (you can see the bundle here) on a scrap piece of whisper white cardstock (a little goes a long way). This stamp set is very easy to stamp I didn’t even have to use my Stampin’ Pierce mat to get a good impression. Which is always a perk, because it cuts out a step.
- I punched out each bulb using the matching Christmas Bulb Builder Punch (#148013) after stamping in Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green ink. After doing this I punched out the ends of the bulbs in Garden Green Cardstock and then stamped the matching image in Garden Green classic ink. I added the ends of the bulbs with mini glue dots. And then added a Stampin’ dimensional and a mini dimensional to them and secured them to the main focal square image.
- To dress up the little square i used the Twinkle Adhesive Backed Sequins. These were perfect because they come in two different color and size stars; one of which is silver. Since the wreath or circle of wires has tiny tiny stars around the circle. I added five silver stars around the circle varying the sizes.
- For the inside of the card I simply stamped the word Bright in Garden Green Ink. By doing this it allows the card to have the complete sentiment and they have to open the card to see the rest of the sentiment. I added just a little strip of the Dashing Along Designer Series paper about 1/4″ from the bottom.
This beautiful designer series paper features 3 double sided designs (6 total designs) 4 sheets of each design. This traditional Christmas paper includes a mix of old favorites and new patterns to create a festive, eclectic feel. These patterns are perfect for layering or used alone. You may be saying I’ve not seen this pack of paper in the Holiday Catalog or even in the Annual Catalog. If you are asking that question then you would be correct. There’s only two ways to get this pack of wonderful festive paper: And that is by hosting a qualifying party, workshop or event (if you would like to set one up you can contact me here for available dates). The other way you can earn this festive beauty is by placing a $250 order in my online store. Once your order has hit the qualifying total this pack of paper will automatically be added to your order. You don’t have to do a thing. This is a limited time promotion so you will want to get this festive paper ASAP. I will be sharing a few cards made with this paper latter coming up soon.
Thanks for dropping by today, I hope that you have enjoyed my card today. If you would like any of the products you’ve seen today you can pick them up in my online store by clicking on the images in my shopping links below or by clicking on the shop tab at the top of the page.
September Host Code & Gift: