Hello and welcome to my blog, today I’m going to share another card using the Sea of Textures Stamp Set. If you missed my card from yesterday using the products from the matching suite you can view it here. My card today shows off the wonderful Octopus in the Stamp Set he’s (or she) is just the cutest thing. And, my card features the edge due cutting technique, this is were you only cut part of the Die on the card and everything else is cut away to create a fun edge along the card. This could be done with word dies, and so much more but I wanted to show off the Octopus one more time just in a different color. Here’s a look at my card for today.
I shared this card last night at a downline meeting and it was so much fun everyone had a blast creating there own version of it.
Tips & Tricks:
- For the card base I used a piece of Night of Navy cardstock cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scores at 4 1/4. I found it easier to stamp the our right arm little friend first and then do the partial die cutting. I tried it with doing the die cutting first but it was much harder to line up the clear mount stamp and get a good impression all nice and lined up.
- Once I had the partial die cutting done I went back with a very sharp craft knife and metal straight edge and cut off the other pieces and cut out some of the parts that didn’t die cut.
At this point it was time to start my under the sea stamping. I stamped the sand first in Crumb Cake classic ink and the corals were done in Calypso Coral and Rich Razzleberry classic inks. I did some first, second, and third generation stamping for the seaweed in Tranquil Tide classic ink. I wanted to give the illusion of depth with it. I did tone down the white with a little ink blending to add a little water with the new Balmy Blue classic ink.
To finish off the card front I added the sentiment from the set which says “thanks for reaching out” I thought that was just the funnest thing when paired with the Octopus. And, to add just a little bit more, because you know we need something a little extra, I added a few pearls around the card.
For the inside of the card I used a piece of the Tranquil Texture designer series paper cut at 2 5/8 x 4 and a piece of Whisper white at the bottom cut at the same measurements. That way you have a place to write your message on the inside and the designer series paper adds that much needed pop to the top half.
I hope that you will give this technique a try the girls at downline meeting really loved it. It will help you think of your stamps and dies in a whole new light. You can order any of the supplies I’ve used today in my online store.
June Host Code:
June Host Code: BGXASHHD
- Option1: Get the Tranquil Textures Sprinkles Free in July when you use the June Host Code: BGXASHHD On orders of $75 – $149 (before taxes and shipping)
- Option 2: Use the Host June Host Code: BGXASHHD on orders of $25 to $74 and get the June card kit which features the Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper. You will get six precut marching card bases and six pieces of the designer series paper.
- Option 3: purchase any amount from $5 to $24 using the host code before shipping and taxes and I will send you a sampling of the Tranquil Texture Sprinkles in July for free.
- Order $150 and more before shipping and taxes please don’t use the host code I will send you the card kit and sprinkles for free. Plus you will earn your Stampin’ Rewards to use toward a starter kit or products.’