Today I am going to share with you how to make one of the pillow gifts that the attendees of my Winter Tutti-Frutti Retreat in a Box received. Each person got five pillow gifts all themed around the Tutti-Frutti suite in the Occasions catalog. I wanted them to have some inspiration on other ideas they could do with the suite besides the cards and sampler that we made. With the Monogram Home Decor art piece I wanted them to be able to have a fun little art piece to display in their craft room but yet have a personal touch to it. So I created a cute little monogram piece for each of them, with their initial in on it. Here’s a sample of the ones i designed for them.
Aren’t these just the cutest thing ever! These are really easy to create and take only a few supplies to recreate. And you can recreate them using any Designer Series Paper or color theme, to match any home decor. These make a great quick and easy gift to give for a house warming, or any Occasion really. I am going to share with you what you need to recreate each of them.
The R was the first one I created to figure everything out, so that I would have all my measurements and know what I was doing. Since I was mass producing them I wanted it to be cute but easy to reproduce. So I started with the frames (which I just picked up at the dollar store) which was the hardest part since there were so many to pick from, but I ended up going with my art school training and using just a simple black frame. One reason is because it would showcase the decor piece and not over power, and black goes well with any decor.
Sizes & Dimensions:
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock: 4″ x 6″ (standard size photo size)
- Real Red Cardstock: Cut at 5 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ for my mat. You can either cut the initial out of the center of this mat or an extra piece of cardstock. I cut it out of the center.
- Piece of the Tutti-Frutti Designer Series Paper Cut at 3″ x 5″
- Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock Cut at 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
Once I had everything cut I just put it together and added the Tutti-Frutti Adhesive backed sequins; which is one of my favorite embellishments from the Occasions Catalog this year.
For the C monogram that you will see in the video for the how to. I used the following.
- Frame as above
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock 4″ x 6″
- Sweet Sugar Plum Cardstock 3 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ and for the C (as mentioned above)
- a piece of the Tutti-Frutti Designer Series paper Stack cut at 3″ x 5″ and the 1″ x 3″ piece that was left over was used for the banner behind the C, I just used the reversed side of the Designer Series Paper
- Tutti-Frutti Adhesive Backed Sequins
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- paper snips
- and fast fuse to put everything together.
I told you that this project didn’t use a lot of supplies. And when you watch the video it goes really quick, with cutting everything this is maybe a 15 to 20 minute project. The video tutorial is a little over 7 minutes from start to finish with me having everything pretty much all cut.
Some email servers will not show the video if so you can click here to view the video.
Thanks for dropping by today remember that you can pick up any of the products you have seen today to recreate my cute little Tutti-Frutti Monogram Framed Art piece in my online store (well except the frame). You can visit my online store by clicking here, or by clicking on the shop tab below as well as the product in the product list.
February 2018 Host Code:
- Place an order totaling $50.00 (before Taxes & Shipping) in my online store from now until February 28, 2018 and receive a full pack of the Tutti-Frutti Adhesive Backed Sequins (a $7 value) FREE as a gift from me in March!
- Use the Host code above on any size order below $50.00 (before taxes and shipping) and I will send you a sample of the sample of the Tutti-Frutti Adhesive Backed Sequins in March.
You must use the above host code on your order to qualify for this offer. To use the Host Code click here!
If your order is under $150 please consider using this host code on your order to receive a free Gift from me. If your order is $150 or more please don’t use the hostess code. (Doing so would forfeit your Stampin’ Rewards you have qualified for spending $150 or more.) Please make sure you do not mark “No contact” when creating an Account on Stampin’ Up!’s website. In doing so I will not be able to send you your free gift; or current catalogs to you. Your information will not be given out to others.