Good morning today I am going to share with you a card that I taught at a team meeting that I go to each month. Each month some of us do a project and one person does food for everyone. So this month I had not intended to do a project but someone that was doing a project couldn’t attend so I volunteered to take her place. So I had to come up with a project to teach, so I thought while I am typing out the instructions for each attendee why not do it for my peeps as well. So I have created a printable tutorial for you for this card which I will share in a little bit. Here’s a look at my card that I created.
I wanted to create a card that used the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set but didn’t want to create a Christmas project instead I created a birthday card. Not only is this a birthday card but it’s also a interactive card. The reindeer when opens spins, as long as you wind it up before closing the card. This is really not as hard as it sounds. Make sure you watch the video tutorial below to see full step by step instructions.
Tips & Tricks:
- When you start putting this card together make sure you run all the layers through the Big Shot at one time. It makes it easy for everything to line up. By everything I mean the cardbase, mat, and designer series paper.
- When you are putting the reindeer together you will want to put fast fuse in the center of each deer punch out. Once you have your thread attached to the fast fuse go around the edges of one of the deer with a little liquid glue. This will lock everything in place and make the thread not slip out.
- The thread needs to pulled tight with you add the spinner to the card. Make sure you watch the video to see details. Secure with a little tape before layering the other pieces.
Those are all the tips I really have for you so I am going to share with you all the measurements for this card.
Sizes & Dimensions:
Cardstock: Real Red 5 ½ x 8 ½ scored at 4 ¼, Whisper White (2) 5 ¼ x 4, 2 ½ x 3/4, Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper 3 ¾ x 5, Glimmer Paper 3 ¼ x 3 1/4, Crumb Cake 5 x 3
You can download the printable PDF tutorial for this card by clicking here!
Thanks for dropping by today if you would like to pick up any of the products you have seen today you still have time to pick up the retiring products by visiting my online store .
December 2017 Host Code and Free Gift:
December Host Code:
- Place an order totaling $15.00 (before Taxes & Shipping) in my online store from now until December 23, 2017 and receive my Be Merry Flip Top Box Tutorial and Project Kit (a $10 value) FREE!
- The kits will include all the pieces to create the project but no stamped images you will have to stamp your own images due to Stampin’ Up! policies. Everything will be cut and scored for you!
You must use the above host code on your order to qualify for this offer. To use the Host Code click here!
If your order is under $150 please consider using this host code on your order to receive a free Gift from me. If your order is $150 or more please don’t use the hostess code. (Doing so would forfeit your Stampin’ Rewards you have qualified for spending $150 or more.) Please make sure you do not mark “No contact” when creating an Account on Stampin’ Up!’s website. In doing so I will not be able to send you your free gift; or current catalogs to you. Your information will not be given out to others.