Thanks for dropping by today, for this week’s Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge I am using the soon to be retiring products from the Quilted Christmas Suite from the 2017 Holiday Catalog. I had fun creating today’s card with this weeks sketch. And, I know that the rest of the design team has done a wonderful job creating projects to inspire you this week. We would love for you to play along. Here’s a look at my card.
Here’s this weeks Sketch for challenge Paper Craft Crew #272, you can click on the image and visit/enter this weeks challenge and see what everyone has created.
Christmas Quilt Suite Tips & Tricks:
The Christmas Quilt stamp sets is one that I think I will keep for a long time even though it’s on the retiring list. This can be used for some many different cards featuring different quilt pieces. This is one of the sets that you will not have to use the persuasion base plate with. The Quilted Christmas suite features some amazing products that are all (except the Quilt Top Texture Impression Embossing Folder) as supplies last. You have the wonderful paper that is featured on my card today. I used the Quilt builder Framelits to cut out the quilt square that I used on my card today.
- I used the same framelits to cut out a the same pieces in Garden Green Cardstock and a piece of the Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper. I then used the cut out frame as the outline for my paper piecing. I cut a another piece of the Designer Series Paper as the mat for the quilt block. I used a piece of Real Red Cardstock as the base for the paper piecing. I went through and added the squares on the outside first using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Next I dry fit every piece and then glued it down using the liquid glue. If you take you time doing this part you will get a better look.
- After this was done I took the straight stitch from the Swirly Snowflakes thinlits Dies added the stitched detail to the cardfront. After that was complete I used the Designer Series paper and created the accent on the card front. Then I took a piece of Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock and created a flagged tail and added it to the card front. I then popped the quilt piece up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish off the card I added a few sequins using mini glue dots.
If you have followed my blog you know that I love to finish off my cards by doing something to the envelopes. For this envelope I used another piece of the Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper and cut it down to 3 1/4 x 6 and attached it to the envelope flap using multipurpose liquid glue. Once it was dry I trimmed it down using my paper snips.
Next I heat embossed the simple sentiment Peace in Gold Stampin’ Embossed powder on the outside of the card. On the inside of the card I added a piece of whisper white cardstock and stamped one of the sentiments from the set. Thanks for dropping by today I hope that you will take time and play along with us this week. I know that you will have fun creating a card using this sketch. If you would like any of the supplies that you have seen today you can pick them up in my online store 24/7 by clicking on the shop tab above or on the product image in the supply list below.
December 2017 Host Code and Free Gift:
- Place an order totaling $15.00 (before Taxes & Shipping) in my online store from now until December 23, 2017 and receive my Be Merry Flip Top Box Tutorial and Project Kit (a $10 value) FREE!
- The kits will include all the pieces to create the project but no stamped images you will have to stamp your own images due to Stampin’ Up! policies. Everything will be cut and scored for you!
You must use the above host code on your order to qualify for this offer. To use the Host Code click here!
If your order is under $150 please consider using this host code on your order to receive a free Gift from me. If your order is $150 or more please don’t use the hostess code. (Doing so would forfeit your Stampin’ Rewards you have qualified for spending $150 or more.) Please make sure you do not mark “No contact” when creating an Account on Stampin’ Up!’s website. In doing so I will not be able to send you your free gift; or current catalogs to you. Your information will not be given out to others.