Today, I am going to share with you another video tutorial in my 7 weeks of Christmas series. I wanted to show you how to take a small jar candle and dress it up as a little gift for either a neighbor, teacher, family member, or coworker. The candle that I used I picked up at Dollar Tree, but they are the same size as a small Yankee Candle. Here’s a look at today’s project.
- Smitten Mitten Photopolymer Stamp Set #144931
- Many Mittens Framelits Dies #144672
- Smitten Mittens Photopolymer Bundle #146070
- Be Merry Cardstock Pack #144114
- Garden Green or Thick Whisper White Cardstock 10 5/8 x 8 ½
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (4) 2 ¼ x 3 ¼ , (1) 2 ¼ x 2 ¼
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 4×4
- Be Merry Designer Series Paper #144111 (4) 2 x 3, (1) 2 x 2
- Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Pad #126973
- Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad #126966
- Simply Scored #122334
- Stampin’ Trimmer #126889
- Big Shot #143263
- Cherry Cobbler ¼” Double- Stitched Ribbon #144117
- Garden Green 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon #144181
- Jute Twine #144625
- Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine #124262
- ½” Circle Punch #119869
- Project Life Corner Punch #135346 (Retired)
- 1/8” Circle Punch #134365
- Fast Fuse Adhesive #129026
- Snail Adhesive #104332
- Take a piece of cardstock from the Be Merry Cardstock pack. You are going to cut to 8 ½ x 10 5/8”. Cut 4 pieces of one of the other colors of cardstock to 2 ¼ x 3 ¼ and one at 2 ¼ x 2 1/4. Cut a 4 pieces of Be Merry Designer Series Paper to 2 x 3 and one at 2×2. You are going to attach the Designer series Paper to the mat pieces that you cut.
- Place the 8 ½ x 10 5/8 piece of cardstock in the simply score on the long side and score at 2 ½, 5, 7 ½, & 10. Turn on the short side and score at 2, 5 ½, & 8
- Fold and burnish all the score lines. Once you have all the score lines done you are going to cut up the score lines at the bottom. Get rid of the little ½” piece at the bottom miter the end of the small piece. At the top you are going to do the same thing. Get rid of the small piece at the top. Miter the part that’s left. Cut down the score lines at the top. On the last flap you are going to miter both ends and then cut it like the video. The next tab will be removed. Cut the third tab like the fist. On the last tab round the top corners. Attach the matted DSP to the box. Add fast fuse to the small tab and put together. Fold the sides in and the bottom and top (with adhesive on both).
- Take a ½” circle punch and make a thumb hole on the front panel.
- Take the Whisper White piece and stamp the mitten from the Smitten Mitten Stamp Set. Cut it out using the matching framelits. Punch a hole toward the top and add either jute twine or baker’s twine to tie to the ribbon, that you will add around the box and tie into a bow.
Thanks for dropping by today you can download the FREE PDF tutorial by clicking Be Merry Candle Gift Box with a Smitten Mitten Tag Tutorial!
November Host Code:
- Place an order totaling $50.00 (before Taxes & Shipping) in my online store from now until November 27, 2017 and receive a two pack of a Stampin’ Blend color of your choice (a $9.00 Value) for Free in December.
You must use the above host code on your order to qualify for this offer. To use the Host Code click here!
If your order is under $150 please consider using this host code on your order to receive a free Gift from me. If your order is $150 or more please don’t use the hostess code. (Doing so would forfeit your Stampin’ Rewards you have qualified for spending $150 or more.) Please make sure you do not mark “No contact” when creating an Account on Stampin’ Up!’s website. In doing so I will not be able to send you your free gift; or current catalogs to you. Your information will not be given out to others.