Welcome to the November Blogging friends blog hop. This month’s theme is Thanksgiving or Fall. The Blogging Friends are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators that get together each month to create fun projects based around a different theme each month. Most of us have never met in person. We came together to share our love of paper crafts. I know that each blogger has came up with some great projects for you this month. I am featuring the both some current older product and some new product that just released to customers today. Here’s a look at my project for this month.
Tips & Tricks:
- I picked two stamp sets for my card today. The first one was Basket of Wishes, and the second was Colorful Seasons both of which are in the current Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. Basket of Wishes was released last Fall in the 2016 Holiday Catalog, and was one of those stamp sets that I just had to have. The Basket of Wishes Photopolymer Stamp Set is a builder stamp set. Meaning that you have different baskets and different items that you can stamp inside the baskets. The sentiments are great for any occasion, I think they could be used for anything. You have birthday, thinking of you, general occasions, & the one that I picked for my card. I picked the Giving Thanks for the blessing of you. I mean who wouldn’t just love to get a cards saying this in the mail.
- My card features the new Stampin’ Blends that released for customer purchase today, you can see a post later today that I share a bit more information about them. Stampin’ Blends are the new premier alcohol markers by Stampin’ Up!, and I just love them. They make coloring images really easy. I started out by stamping the basket and pumpkins in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. This is the ink that you will want to use with the Alcohol markers it’s water based so it will not bleed when you use these markers.
- Once the ink was dry I started coloring the pumpkins. I start with the light marker first on each one then add a little shadow with the dark and blend it out again with the light marker. I did this process for each. Then I did this same process with the basket. After I finished with the basket and gourds I used the ivory marker and colored the background and feathered it up toward the top. Before the ink of the ivory marker had time to dry I used the blender to soften the edges.
- Once this was complete I stamped the solid leaf image from Colorful Seasons in Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, and Tangerine Tango Classic Ink and cut them each out with the Seasonal Layer Thinlits. I layered this on a large scalloped oval from the Layering Oval Framelits, and popped this up on Stampin’ Dimensionals. I placed the cut out leaves behind the layered focal image.
- I stamped the same leaves on the flap of the envelope in the same colors. I used the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper on the card to tie everything together.
Hover and Pin it!
The photo below shows key products for today’s project idea that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you will need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. You can view my entire project recipes by visiting my Project Recipe Pinterest board by clicking here! Make sure that you follow my board to be notified when a new project recipe is added.
Thanks for dropping by today. I hope that you will hop along the rest of the way on the hop. Next on the hop is Lisa Harvey Reber. I know that she has created something really great for you this month. If you would like any of the supplies that I used to create this month’s project you can order them in my Online store 24/7 by clicking on the Shop Now button below the hop list or by clicking on the item in the product list.
November Host Code:
- Place an order totaling $50.00 (before Taxes & Shipping) in my online store from now until November 27, 2017 and receive a two pack of a Stampin’ Blend color of your choice (a $9.00 Value) for Free in December.
You must use the above host code on your order to qualify for this offer. To use the Host Code click here!
If your order is under $150 please consider using this host code on your order to receive a free Gift from me. If your order is $150 or more please don’t use the hostess code. (Doing so would forfeit your Stampin’ Rewards you have qualified for spending $150 or more.) Please make sure you do not mark “No contact” when creating an Account on Stampin’ Up!’s website. In doing so I will not be able to send you your free gift; or current catalogs to you. Your information will not be given out to others.