Today I am going to share with you my team gift and card that I created for my new team/family members that signed up last month. Last month was a great time to become a demonstrator because Stampin’ Up! offered a Christmas in July Recruitment event all month. But, besides the promotion it was a great time to become a demonstrator because starting August demonstrators got to start ordering new items from the upcoming 2o17 Stampin’ Up! Holiday catalog. Which is a big perk for demonstrators not to mention that you get a discount on your own orders. Here’s a look at the card design that I sent out for my new demonstrators.
Tips & Tricks:
- For my card I used some of the 2017-2019 In Colors. I used Fresh Fig card stock (cut at 3 3/4″ x 7 1/2″), a piece of Tranquil Tide Cardstock (cut at 8″ x 7 1/2″ scored at 4″) and a piece of Whisper white cardstock (cut at 2 1/2″ x 7 1/2″). I cut a piece of Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack that I cut to 3 3/4″ x 7 1/2″.
- Once I had everything cut and scored I stamped WELCOME using the Letters for You Photopolymer Stamp Set. I started at the Left hand side of the cardstock and went across. Sometimes when I do words this way I stamp from the center out to the ends. I stamped the sentiment in Tranquil Tide Classic Ink.
- After stamping the big WELCOME on the whisper white cardstock I layered it all up. Once I had this layered up on the Fresh Fig cardstock I took some Lemon Lime Twist 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon and placed it around the bottom of the card and tied a faux knot in the center.
- Once I had the knot done I popped the cardfront up on Stampin’ Dimensionals. Since this is a letter size card it took more dimensionals than normal.
- Since this card is not a standard size card I needed something to put it in. So I pulled out the Envelope Punch Board and created an envelope that the card would fit in along with a gift that I sent to each new team member. I love to send my team members little gifts that they can use in their business even if they are just Hobbyist.
How to Make A Envelope To Fit:
The Envelope punch board is a tool that you can not do without. If you make cards and you want to create your own envelopes for your cards that are not just plain then this is a tool that you need to have in your stash. I created this envelope to fit my 4″ x 7 1/2″ card with a piece of Designer Series Paper. I picked matching designer series paper to create my envelope. I picked one of the patterns from the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack. I need a piece of Designer Series paper that measured 9 3/4″ x 9 3/4″.
The Envelope Punch board is actually very easy to work. After figuring out the size of the paper you need for the envelope you line the edge up to the number last number on the size line. For my paper I needed to line my designer series paper up to the 3 3/4″ mark. The next thing you do is with the top of the paper lined up on the inch make that you need. You will punch the punch down and then take the score blade and score the diagonal line down. On paper this big you will not be able to score all the way down. Once all the sides are down you can flip it over and score the rest of the way. After you score the designer series paper you are going to turn the paper to the left lining up the score line with the little tail sticking out from the punch. To continue on you are going to punch and score turn punch and score all the way around. At the top of the punch on the other side there is a corner rounder that you can round all the corner.
Once you have everything scored you are going to fold and burnish your score lines and on the two small sides you are going to add adhesive and pull the bottom flap up. I folded down the piece that was going to stick up and adhered it down. That was all I had to do to create my envelope. Once I had it created I put the card inside along with the little gift that each person will be getting. I picked a stamp set that demonstrators can order that they can use for home parties or classes, or just because.
Each item fit perfectly inside. Once I had everything inside I secured it closed and tied and wanted to add just a little more to the presentation so I took some Fresh Fig 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon and tied around the envelope.
Once I had it all closed up I placed it into a padded envelope and addressed and sent this little package of stampin fun on it’s way.
Hover and Pin it!
The photo below shows key products for today’s project idea that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you will need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. You can view my entire project recipes by visiting my Project Recipe Pinterest board by clicking here! Make sure that you follow my board to be notified when a new project recipe is added.
Thanks for dropping by today I am so very happy to be able to share my team welcome card and gift with you. If you have ever thought that you may like to become a demonstrator even just for the discount. I encourage you to do so. Becoming a demonstrator was the best move that I have ever done. Not only do I get to be artistic but I get to teach people how to create projects that they wouldn’t think that they could. I love to share what I love and love to teach how to create these projects. I have made friends all over the world by being a demonstrator which would be something that I normally wouldn’t be able to do. If you would like to earn more about taking advantage of the ultimate bundle you can email me to set up a time that we can talk. I would love to talk to about the demonstrator advantage.