I hope your weekend has started off with a wonderful Saturday morning. I wanted to pop on and share a card with you this morning that I made a few weeks back. This is another one of those cards that my husband needed remember that day a few weeks ago that he had me make like 6 graduation cards, 2 40th birthday cards both different a wedding shower card, and a 50th anniversary card. Well this is one of the birthday cards that I created for all of the events of that day. I used the Pop Of Paradise and Numbers of Years stamp sets to create this fun summery Happy Birthday card. Here’s a look at my card for today.
Tips & Tricks:
- The first thing that I did was create the Vellum overlay. I cut it to 5 1/4 x 4 and used my embossing buddy to remove in static or oils that I transferred from my hands. I then inked up the leaves in versamark, and then in my chosen ink color Emerald Envy and Lemon Lime Twist Once I had them all stamped I used clear embossing powder over them all and heat set them. The vellum cardstock already makes the ink slow drying but adding the versamark gives me more time to get everything done and covered in embossing powder. When heat embossing on vellum you have to make sure your heat tool is very hot and you keep it moving and don’t leave it in one spot to long or it will wrap. I set this aside to cool before starting the layering.
- Next I stamped the flamingo. First I inked it in Flirty Flamingo ink and then took my Basic Black stampin’ write marker and went over the areas I wanted black. I then stamped this down and layered it on a piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock.
- I used the Birthday Banners Stamp set and stamped the banner in Emerald Envy and stamped the happy birthday in Flirty Flamingo and cut that out using the Bunch of Banners Framelits dies.
- I took my card base (Thick Whisper white) and cut it to 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2 and layered a piece of Flirty Flamingo (5 1/4 x 4) down. I layered the vellum piece on top of the Flamingo piece, adhering with glue dots. I placed them around the vellum behind the embossed leaves. This created a frosted effect on the flirty Flamingo card stock. I next layered the Flamingo image that I used the Tranquil tide markers and made some water marks with the clear wink of stella at the flamingo’s feet. Next I added the banner and worked on the inside of the card.
- The inside of the card I just stamped the sentiment from Number of Years and the 4 0 (using Flirty flamingo ink on matching cardstock) and cut them out using the Large letters framelits and placed them on the inside. I matted that layer on a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock cut at 5 1/4 x 4. I stamped the same two leaves from Pop of Paradise on the flap in Lemon Lime Twist and Emerald Envy classic inks to dress up the envelope.
Hover and Pin it!
The photo below shows key products for today’s project idea that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you will need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. You can view my entire project recipes by visiting my Project Recipe Pinterest board by clicking here! Make sure that you follow my board to be notified when a new project recipe is added.
Thanks for dropping by today, I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. If you would like any of the products that I have showcased today you can pick them up in my online store by clicking here, by clicking on the shop tab above or by clicking on the product list below. Tomorrow is the last day to get your hands on the Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon for free. Monday the item will change.
Use Hostess Code:
This Month in honor of my 2 Year Stampin’ Anniversary I am running weekly customer promotions. Each week the customer gift will be posted on my blog on Monday. This week if you place a $50 order (before taxes and shipping) in my online store you will receive the NEW Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon in July for FREE.