Sometimes we need a card that is just a little over the top, but don’t have time to create something that’s very time consuming or very intricate. But, with the new Birthday Memories Suite in the new Catalog (which goes live tomorrow) you can create such a card without a lot of the fuse. When you look at the catalog this suite is on pages 68 and 69 and it’s just amazing. Make sure that you look at the bundle, because it comes with the Birthday Delivery Stamp Set, Birthday Friends Framelits, and Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper. I used all of these products on my card today for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Design Challenge. Here’s a look at my card today.
Tips & Tricks:
- The Birthday Friends Framelits match must of the Stamped images as well as the Designer Series Paper. Which means you can die cut the images from the stamp set as well as the fox and other images from the Designer Series Paper.
- It’s all about the layers. With this card I made the focus on the layers. I started out by stamping three of the images that I layered on the same stamp block in Crumb Cake Classic Ink on a 4 1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake card base. Next I layered a piece of the Designer Series Paper unto a piece of Pacific Point cardstock layered unto a piece of Old Olive cut so that there’s a 1/8″ border all the way around.
- This was attached to the card base. Next I took another piece of the Designer Series Paper with a different pattern and layered it on a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock. I attached this to the first layer with snail across that layers. To balance it out I placed a Stampin’ Dimensional under the overhang.
- I attached the banner to the hand of the fox with just a little snail. And, attached the fox in the very same way as I did the cross design. I placed two Stampin’ Dimensionals behind the banner and a couple on the head of the fox.
- The inside of the card was stamped as the same way as the outside. I used the same three stamps in the same way and stamped the edge of the whisper white cardstock in Pacific Point. And the inside sentiment in Pumpkin Pie. The whisper white cardstock was then placed on a piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock. I attached this to the inside of the cardbase.
Here’s a look at the card sketch for this weeks challenge.
I love the vintage feel of this suite. It reminds me of images from a golden story book, or a reader that we had in first or second grade. It has a whimsical feel that just makes me happy everytime i look at the paper, stamp set, and well the entire suite.
Hover and Pin it!
The photo below shows key products for today’s project idea that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you will need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. You can view my entire project recipes by visiting my Project Recipe Pinterest board by clicking here! Make sure that you follow my board to be notified when a new project recipe is added.
Thanks for dropping bye today, I will be posting another video about sketch challenges either later today or tomorrow, so be on the look out. You need to make sure that you visit the Paper Craft Crew and see all the wonderful designs that the Design Team has created with this sketch as well as the wonderful cards that people will create using this sketch. I hope that you even take the time and join along in the challenge. You can visit the Paper Craft Crew’s web page and view this and other challenges by clicking on the challenge photo or by clicking here.