Hello stampers crafters and friends I hope that you are having a wonderful. Today I am going to share with you a different version of the box I created for Thursdays One Stamp At A Time blog hop. If you missed that post you can view it by clicking here! This is a really cute and useful box to make it measures 3 x 3 x 2 3/4 when fully expanded. I have been working on a new video tutorial to show you how to make this box since Thursday, but something is wrong with my editing software and I can not get it to work. I know I am upset as well! So after working on the program all morning I decided to go ahead and just create my blog post. Here’s a look at today’s project.
- Eastern Palace Bundle
- Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies
- Eastern Palace Cardstock Pack
- Tranquil Tide Cardstock cut at 6 x 6
- Fresh Fig Cardstock cut at 6 x 6 and 3 x 3
- Dapper Denim Cardstock cut at 2 3/4 x 2 3/4, & (4) 2 3/4 x 1 1/4
- Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper cut at 2 1/2 x 1
- Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers
- Big Shot
- Simply Score Scoring Tool
- Metallic Enamel Shapes
- Fast Fuse Adhesive
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (Or the Dimensional bones)
- Paper Snips
- The the 3 x 3 piece of Fresh Fig cardstock and the circle Medallion with the points from the Eastern Medallions Thinlits dies and fun it through the Big Shot. This will be your floating top. Sit this to the side for later.
- Take Tranquil Tide 6 x 6 and place it on the Simply Score Scoring Tool. You are going to score this on all four sides at 1 1/2″.
- Next take the Fresh Fig cardstock that’s cut at 6 x 6 inches and the scrap piece that you cut off from your original cardstock. Place the scrap piece all the way standing tall against the Simply Score Scoring Tools wall. You are going to but the 6 x 6 piece of Fresh Fig Cardstock up against this scrap piece. This will cause your cardstock to but out the teeniest little bit (this will help your box lid to slide over the box base without buckling.) You are going to score on all four sides at 1 1/2″ making sure that your jig doesn’t move.
- You are know done with the Simply Score so you can put it away. You are going to fold and burnish all the score lines. After that is complete you will cut up the score lines (only cut one of the score lines you will cut the same ones on each side) on the four small squares and miter in on both sides of these just a little. You are only mitering the small square. So you should have two square cut on one side and the cuts should face the same direction.
- Once you have your score lines cut it’s time to put the box together. You will want to add fast fuse to the four small squares and place them on the inside of the box. lining up the outer score line with the straight edge of the cardstock. Do this to both the Tranquil Tide and Fresh Fig pieces.
- Layer your matting pieces together with the foil paper from the Designer Series Paper. And attach to the side of the box.
- Layer the 2 ¾ x 2 ¾ piece of Dapper Denim unto the top center of the box lid. Attaching this with liquid glue or fast fuse, you want something that will give a good hold, I personally would use multipurpose liquid glue that way I can move it around for perfect placement.
- Take the die cut piece that we created to begin with and add Dimensionals to the underneath side. I place three or four in the center of the die cut spread around, and one along each corner. Make sure that you sit them back far enough so that they do not show from the side. Place this on top of the lid of the box over the Dapper Denim piece. If cut correctly it will fit where you cannot see the inside panel. (As Seen in the free pdf)
- Place your vinyl sticker in the center of this panel and add your metallic enamel shapes around. I just use the small dots on the outside and on large dot on the inside.
Download a free PDF of the instructions by clicking here!
Thanks for dropping by today hopefully I will be able to get my video edited and posted soon. When I do you will find it here. If you would like any of the supplies to create this project you can order them now in my online store. You can visit my online store by clicking here! All the products used are from the new Eastern Palace Bundle that Stampin’ Up! released a month early from the June 1st catalog release. After May 31st the products that were used will no longer be this cost saving bundle.
Use Hostess Code:
To receive my May card kits you can place a $15 (before shipping and taxes) order and receive Kit #1. Place a $25 order (before shipping and taxes) and get kits #1 & #2. Place a Order of $35 with my host code: QZ6DAZV9 Here and receive all three of my May Card Kits in May, and a set of Faceted Gem Embellishments (from the new 2017-2018 Annual Catalog) in June. The Monthly Host Code will close on May 30th, and I will close out the workshop the following day. Once I get the order back (which usually about a week once I place the order), I will package them up and pop them in the mail to you. Please make sure you do not mark No Contact on the Stampin’ Up! website because I will not be able to access your information to send you your Thank you packet and your free gift for a qualifying order. Below is an image where to place the host code.
Use the above Host/Hostess code for your orders under a $150 and receive a special gift from me this month. Gifts will be sent to you separate of your orders the following month. If your order is over $150 please don’t use the host code. You will already receive a special gift from me and you get your Stampin’ Rewards.