Hello stampers, crafters, and friends, it’s Wednesday and that means it’s time for another Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge. This week we have a fun sketch for you to take part with, and my card that I designed features a little sneak peek at some new products coming in the upcoming 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. I love this new set well actually I love the entire suite, so I am excited to use it for this weeks card challenge. Since I know you are dying to see my card I will stop rambling and show it to you, so here’s my card.
Here’s a look at the sketch for this week. You can click on the sketch image an see what all the other design team members have done with this week’s sketch.
Tips & Tricks:
- The front of my card uses the new Delightful Daisy Designer Series paper. I love paper! I really do I love cardstock designer series paper and more. My big thing about designer series paper is that I love it so much that I don’t want to cut it. So I have challenged myself to use it more. I have taken up Kylie Bertucci’s philosophy and #loveitchopit (if you love it go ahead and chop it) and use it because you can buy more. So I have started to once I get a pack in I go ahead and pull out one sheet of each pattern and cut it up into 4 x 5 1/4 pieces. So that gives me 36 4 x 5 1/4 card front sizes pieces of designer series paper. I find that once they are cut down I have used them much more often. If you find that you have this same problem I suggestion you give this a try.
- Add a place for the eye to rest: With such a busy pattern you need a place to rest the eyes. I always try to place this area of rest under or around my focal image of my card. For today’s card I used the whisper white square as my area of rest, and to tie in the colors of the paper I used a old olive mat under the whisper white piece. If you notice the banner over my daisy you may notice the little bit of a curve. Well this is easy to achieve by stamping your sentiment you take your bone folder and run it behind the paper and pull breaking up the fibers. The paper will bend very naturally.
- I stamped the leaves under where I wanted the daisy to go. Once this was completed I stamped two daisy’s on a piece of whisper white cardstock and my clear wink of stella and brushed the ink ever so slightly to add a little shadow to the petals. Once this was dry I added just a little color in the center. I attached the first daisy (after punching it out using a new daisy punch) and layered them on top of each other. Once I had them together I popped it up on a Stampin’ Dimensional. Once this was done I added the banner that was cut from the Bunch of Banner Framelits.
- To finish off the card I add some of the new Faceted Gem embellishments in Gold. One to the center of the daisy and the others around the top corner, and the bottom corner. These are probably going to be one of my new favorite embellishments.
- I placed the above on a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock cut at 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2. To create a top folding A2 size card.
Finish Things Off:
One of the things I like to do is coordinate my envelope with my card design. So for this Delightful Daisy card I stamped the daisy once then once again on top of the other slightly off centered. I took the wink of stella clear brush pen and pulled out the shadows from the ink. Once this was dry I added just a little bit of the Daffodil delight watercolor pencil and added just a little to the center of each daisy and added a little wink of stella to moisten the color and make it brighter.
I have feel in love with a lot of the things in the new catalog. I can not wait to get my hands on so many of the new things. I am going to have to take out a small loan or sale a body part to afford everything I want, and I know you will be in the same boat when you get to see the inside.
Thanks for dropping by today I hope that you a wonderful day. Remember that the retirement list is out and stamps sets are guaranteed in stock until May 22, after that they will only be while supply last. Also if you love a bargain make sure you check out the Clearance rack there have been new items posted as of yesterday. You can see all the retirement list by click here. I also you suggest you check out the items that are already sold out by click here .