Hello stampers crafters and friends today I am going share with you a super quick card. This card to me feels more masculine, but really it could go for anyone. Especially when you need a card in a pinch like we so often do. This is one of those cards that can be done really really quick. Here’s a look at today’s card.
Blow Out The Candles:
- This is a really quick and easy one (well one and 1 /4) layered card. All you are going to need is a little scrap of the Crushed Curry patterned designer series paper from the Party Animal suite in the Occasions catalog. (currently on the retirement list). This only has to be big enough to fit behind the candle flame.
- Candle border Punch (also currently on the retirement list sadly). You will want to start in the middle of the card front (which is a 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock) and punch. Move the punched images over and line them up till they perfectly fit the printed candles on the punch. You will see there are silver candles on the top of the punch but also on the sides where the paper fit. You are going to move them along this edge. Until you have the entire thing punched out.
- Add your DSP (Designer Series Paper) to the back of this layering lining up with the flames. I cut my dsp to about 1/4″ or so and added just a little adhesive at the very top to stick it down. Super easy!
- Next I stamped the sentiment Happy Birthday from Big On Birthdays in Emerald Envy Classic ink (2016-2018 In Color) right above my candle roll.
- Attach the card front to the Emerald Envy Card base cut at 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2.
- To finish off the card I took some of the 1/8″ Emerald Envy Ribbon (also Retiring) and tied it around my card base through the inside.
I love this color combination. I love Crumb Cake it’s one of my favorite neutral colors to use. And the others just pair so nicely with it. Some of you wonder where I get my color combinations at. Well I pull from the Designer series Paper that I am going to use. The Party Animal Designer Series paper has all these colors plus a few more of my favorites. I just pick from the pattern paper and go from there, super easy and quick thanks to Stampin’ Up!’s color coordination.
Hover and Pin it!
The photo below shows key products for today’s project idea that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you will need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. You can view my entire project recipes by visiting my Project Recipe Pinterest board by clicking here! Make sure that you follow my board to be notified when a new project recipe is added.
Thanks for dropping by today for my quick and easy candle border card. Remember that the retirement list is while supplies last for everything but the stamp sets right now. The stamp sets will be created until May 22nd and then they will also only be while supplies last, so don’t wait to the last minute to get your hands on some of these products. Also for any qualifying order using the host code below from now until May 31 I will be sending out the new Faceted Gem embellishments in June (once they are available for purchase) See all the details below. You can purchase from my online store by clicking here, clicking on the shop tab above, and by clicking on the product in the list below.