Hello stampers crafters and friends, today I am sharing with you a card that I designed before the retirement list came out. My card features both retirement items and items that is carrying over to the new catalog (which will go live June 1st). Here’s a look at my card today.
Tips & Tricks:
- The first thing I did was to stamp the background using Crushed Curry & Delightful Dijon Classic Inks. I used the Gorgeous Grunge and Timeless Texture stamp sets along with the dotted stamp out of Dragonfly Dreams.
- Once that was done I stamped the bees from Dragonfly Dreams (which is on the carry over list). All this was stamped on a piece of whisper white cardstock cut 3 3/4 x 5. Layer it on a piece of Basic Black cut at 4 x 5 1/4.
- Take a piece of the white ribbon from the sending love combo pack. I cut it to about 6 inches and taped it on the back on both side. Cutting off any extra. I then took a small piece and tied a knot bow on the font.
- Stamp the sentiment under the ribbon in Basic Black Archival ink.
- This was all layered on my card base that was cut to 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2 in Crushed Curry.
- I stamped the bees in a triangle formation. This comes from my art background. When you places images in this formation it draws more interests in the card. And keeps the eye moving around the card without leading you off the page. This keeps your eye on the card and doesn’t let it lead off the page. I used the background stamping as part of the bees as well letting them show through the white spots of the stamp. The Black is such a strong color that it draws the eyes. The black and the placement of the bees keep your eyes from going off the card and going to something else.
- By placing the sentiment where I did in the visual triangle keeps your eye on the card as well.
Hover and Pin it!
The photo below shows key products for today’s project idea that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you will need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. You can view my entire project recipes by visiting my Project Recipe Pinterest board by clicking here! Make sure that you follow my board to be notified when a new project recipe is added.
Thanks for dropping by today I hope that you have a wonderful day. If you would like any of the products you have seen on my card today or if you would like to recreate it you can pick up all the items on my online shopping page. You can visit it by clicking here, or by clicking on the Shop tab above or by clicking on the product below. Remember that some of the items used are on the Retirement list. You can view that list and what has sold out currently by clicking here!
If you use the host code above on an order that is $35 or more before taxes and shipping I will send you a free item from the new 2017 Annual catalog. I can tell you that it will be a new embellishment worth $5.00 in the new 2017 Annual catalog.
- Also by placing orders now you will receive a FREE 2017-2018 Annual catalog in the mail from me.
- As well as the free gift above.
- You must use the host code to receive the free item. Only one per person per order.
- I will not be placing the order for these embellishments until June 1, 2017 when the catalog goes live.