This weeks sketch challenge form Can You Case It offered endless possibilities. With it’s wide open space and the sentiment going vertical. I knew what colors I wanted to do and I knew I wanted to incorporate some watercolors into the card. So I finally decided on going natural with a pop of color. As I was working on my design it just wasn’t there, so I thought and thought about it and figured out that I could use my homemade gold watercolors and add in more interest and a pop of bling to match my gold embossed sentiment.
Steps for Creating this Card:
- Cut a Piece of Early Espresso or any dark color cardstock to 4 1/4 by 11 score at 5 1/2. While you have the trimmer out go ahead and cut a piece of the same color cardstock to 2″ x 4 1/4
- Stamp your images, I am using the Cheer All Year Stamp set from Stampin’ Up!. Since I wanted this to be a fall card I used the feather stamps. I started with the shaded feather(the ones that is just lines) using Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. Next I stamped the other feather using Early Espresso. Set this aside and let it dry completely.
- I took my strip and used versamark ink and stamped the Thankful stamp from the hostess set Six Sayings, embossed it in Gold.
- At this point I came back and layered my pieces together. I added some gold watercolors that I made. If you are interested in learning how to make this watercolor leave me a comment I will will do a tutorial on it. I added the gold watercolor on the feather that I stamped using early espresso. I also added some lines using my Uni-ball Signo Gold pen, then add a little more sparkle with my Wink-o-Stella clear pen.
- To finish off my card I added a strip of 1/8 Gold Ribbon on top of the seam to give the effect of a seamless card.
This is a great stamp set for three different seasons. I have used it a lot this year. I love the big bold images and it’s great for background stamping.
You can really see in the close up how these stamps work great for backgrounds, as well as focal images.
Make sure you go over to Can You Case It #CYCI94 and check out all the great entrees into this weeks challenge. I will see you tomorrow with another Challenge.