This is a great way to add more color to your stamps and get a fun watercolor look without having a ton of watercolor paints. It’s a super really easy technique and you don’t have to have a lot of inks to reproduce this look.
All you need are some watercolor crayons, spritzer, watercolor paper and a aqua painter. I also used the black Stazon ink for my main image because I wanted it to be the Focus of the card. I am using the Wilderness awaits stamp set and Lovely As A Tree both by Stampin’ Up!
- You want a A2 size card base mine is cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4. A piece of whisper white Cardstock cut at 5 1/4 x 4 and a piece of watercolor paper cut at 5 x 3 3/4.
- Take your watercolor paper and mist it with water. Next mist your stamp a couple of times and begin coloring on your stamps with your watercolor crayons. I start with my lightest colors and then go to my darkest. After you get it all colored you want to spritz it again and stamp it down making sure to hold your stamp a little longer then normal so that the watercolor a have time to adhere to the paper.
- Take your aqua painter and move around some of the colors so it gives the trees a fuller look.
- Your going to do this with all your stamping besides the main images. Once this is all done you’re going to heat set your image and dry the watercolor paper.
- Stamp your main image and let it dry.
- After its dry your going to take your colors for your fox and wet the ends with your Aqua painter to load paint on the brush and paint in your fox. Your going to start lighter and build up colors to get it darker.
- Dry this when finished and attach to your mat. Stamp your sentiment and attach to your card base. And that’s it. It’s ready to send out to a friend.
I told you this wasn’t a hard card to make.
Order these Supplies for this Card
If your order is under $150 please use the Hostess Code WTVXWCDZ and I will send you a Thank you gift. If your order is over $150 please don’t use the Hostess Code. Happy Stampin’!