Who’s ready to make Christmas Cards? This is a great card for that rustic country feel, during the holiday. The holiday season in the South is a little different feel then other places, its hard to describe. But, this fun card makes me think of pure Southern charm and scenes you can easily see while driving down the road. Okay maybe not the elk but you differently would see a deer here and there, and we differently would rather not see snow at all, because snow and the South just doesn’t go well together (enough on that).
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake or Craft cardstock at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and score it at 4 1/4. You will also need a piece of Tip Top Taupe cut at 5 1/4 x 4 and a scrap piece for sponging and stamping.
- Cut a small circle mask from a post it not. I used the 1″ circle punch and place on your Tip Top Taupe scrap piece. Take your stampin’ sponge and sponge a layer of Tip Top Taupe around the card. Next take a piece of paper torn into a mountain shape and place down and sponge around again. You want to sponge until you get it to your liking. Now you can remove your masks.
- Stamp the Large tree from the Lovely as a Tree Stamp set or any tree stamp you may have using Crumb Cake ink. I did both first and second generation stamping to create a nice feel of distance. Next I stamped the Elk stamp using Early Espresso Ink.
- Cut a window out of your 5 1/4 x 4 piece of tip top taupe cardstock. I used the ticket framelets (well at least that’s all I could find on it anyway.) But, you can use any nesting dies you have. While you have these out go ahead and cut a frame for your cut out. Do this by using the same size die as the cut out and the next size up.
- Attach your Tip Top Taupe and your sponged pieces onto the card base. After that attach the frame. Next stamp your sentiment on the front of your card. Open it and stamp your main sentiment on the inside.
- Take a 2-way glue pen and place small dots of glue around your stamped scene and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter to give the impression of snow. Wow that it you did it!
Here’s a list of the products you will need to create this card. If you would like to order any of these products you can do so using my 24/7 online store or by clicking on the items pictured below. If your order is less than $150 please use the hostess code WTVXWCDZ and I will send you a handmade Thank you card. As always I look forward to earning your business. Happy Stampin’