A quick and easy box tutorial that features the Thankful Forest Friends stamp set from Stampin’ Up!. This box will fit six A2 (5 ½ x 4 ¼) cards and envelopes with embellishments depending on how thick the cards are. If you have thick embellished cards it will hold up to four cards and envelopes. This is one of those staples that you will want to add to your paper crafting arsenal and pull out and recreate in a snap. The Box was cased from fellow demonstrator Dawn Griffith’s box she did a few weeks ago.
- You are going to need two pieces of cardstock one cut at 6 1/2 x 6 5/8″ and one cut at 6 1/2 x 10″. I am using Mossy Meadow cardstock to go with the colors that come in the Into the Woods Designer Series Paper.
- Take your 6 1/2 x 6 5/8″ piece and line it up on your simply score board or score board on the 6 1/2″ side. You are going to score it at 2 3/4 and 3 3/4. Next turn it to the 6 5/8″ side and score at 1″ and 5 5/8″.
- While you have the score board out go ahead and score the 6 1/2″ x 10″ piece. Place it in portrait mode (6 1/2″ side) and score it at 1″ and 5 1/2″. Then flip it to landscape (10″ side) and score at 4 1/2″ and 5 1/2″.
- You will now score and burnish all your score lines. Now you will want to go to the long side and cut off the small square in the middle that was created with your score lines. You will do this to both pieces of cardstock on both sides.
- Next it’s time to create the box. At this point you will add your tear and tape or fast fuse to the edges of one side of the flaps. and attach them to the other flap. Do this on both pieces of cardstock. The longest one forms your base of the box and the other is the top.
- Set this aside and take a scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamp the Greatful for you Stamp using Mossy Meadow ink pad. Also stamp your bear on this same piece using Early Espresso Classic ink. You can now punch out your sentiment with a 2 1/2″ circle punch. Next fussy cut the bear.
- Take you your 1×12″ piece of Designer Series Paper and wrap around the box top so that it is a nice snug fit. Crease the folds so that you have a nice fit. At this point you want to add fuse and attach the ends together.
- Take your 2 1/2″ circle and pop it up on demisionals over where you joined your DSP(designer series paper) together. Next attach your bear that you cut out.
- Tie a small bow using the linen thread and attach using a glue dot. Next place a Pearl on the front and wow your all done. Told you it was super easy and quick.